Thursday, August 21, 2014

Weekly Pull List 8-13-14


Three books this week. And what an incredibly average week it was. I'll start with Justice League United 4. The wrap up to the big cosmic story is boring, the little story in Canada is pretty interesting but I wish it was on it's own. The setup is mildly intriguing. This is a book that I will be dropping when I move in a month or so. 2 out of 5.


Now to Marvel for Nightcrawler 5. Kurt is trying to fit in as a teacher at the Jean Grey School and still get used to his new life. Meanwhile, in Maryland, a group of fairly malicious looking mutants are after some girl for some reason. Kurt fixes the blackbird and takes it out for a midnight flight when he gets a call to find a new powerful mutant. Same girl? Yep. I really enjoy the very personal stuff that he goes through at the school while teaching in the Danger Room. He also has a great moment with one of the students toward the end. It's a nice little story, but I have no real interest in seeing where it goes. I will probably drop this one during the move as well. 3 out of 5.


Last up I picked up Amazing X-Men 10. This book was a really fun read. There's non stop action and thrills. The story has a classic tease, then jump back 20 minutes to see how we got there that they've been using quite a bit in this story. It works. There's many, many characters that I don't know or really care about being affected by a magical curse that only works on Canadian soil. By all rights I shouldn't like this book, but this book is just so fun! The art in this book is good, but nothing really noteworthy about it. Bright, colorful, and action-packed is all you can ask for. 3.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment