Thursday, June 6, 2013

Weekly Pull List 6-5-2013

Another light week this week. I'm still waiting on Sixth Gun 31 to come in. Not sure what's going on with that.



Avengers 13 - This book was a decent cap to this part of the story. Also a good issue for me to finish the book. I have stuck with this book long enough but really I've only really enjoyed 3 issues. This one had actual fighting and action in it, which most of the other issues lacked. This book has been disappointing me almost the entire time so I will no longer be reading this book. I'd give this issue 3.5 out of 5, but the average rating for the book is more like a 1.5.



Thor: The Dark World Preview 1 - The first of two Marvel Cinematic Universe comics tying in the first Thor movie and the Avengers and Thor The Dark World. This first issue serves as an explanation of what happens to Thor between his first movie and the Avengers a year later. It explains how Odin used dark matter to send Thor back to Earth and how the rest of the nine realms have gone into chaos without the Bifrost to connect Asgaard to them. Not much to say about this book. It serves to clarify some continuity things, but isn't necessary to understand them. I'd give it 3 out of 5.



Green Arrow 21 - I'm reading this book because I love Green Arrow. It doesn't hurt that Jeff Lemire is writing it at the moment. He worked with Scott Snyder in creating the Rotworld crossover between Swamp Thing and Animal Man. His Animal Man book has been great and his Green Arrow run hasn't disappointed. This one follows Oliver as he talks with magus to try to figure out more about his past and his father. It is revealed that there is a complicated past with different tribes of sorts. It's a little convoluted, but I am super intrigued and want to see where it's going. Great issue with great things to come. Art is beautiful and totally adds to the reading experience. 4 out of 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment